Wednesday, August 23, 2006

ITS HAPPY HOUR AGAIN, THINK I MIGHT BE HAPPY IF I WASN'T OUT WITH THEM!

to all my scooter forum buddys, this is a secondary site for photo's and shit, for the real blog click on the link!

i didn't want to move the post on my TRANQUILITY OF SOLITUDEclick here blog until everyone who wants to comment, has done so. so its happy hour here in the cafe bleu. enjoy!

I WANT TO WORK HERE!


scooters and chips? can you think of a more ideal plaice (sorry).

AND ON THAT SUBJECT...

i was going to give this to my mate *aterisk, but he suggested i post it here. so this is no attempt to copy his film reviews, but i thought i would give it a go.

QUADROPHENIA. cert 18. 115mins.



27 years on and this film is as influencial and relevant as it has ever been. digitally remastered image and sound have made a classic film so so better. focusing on teenage mod jimmy and his disperate set of mates, it follows them through nights out of stylish clothing, music and plenty of pill popping. then down to brighton for a weekend of rocker v mod beach fighting.
it charts jimmys' fall from grace and slip into quadrophenia, an advanced stage of schizophrenia.
based on the whos 1973 concept album, it features a soundtrack of who songs interspersed with plenty of old tamla motown too.
this new release also comes with a second disc with special features including interviews with many of the leading actors. unfortunately there is no sign of sting or leslie ash (who does pop up on the audio commentary on disc one), but director franc roddam toyah wilcox and phil daniels more than make up for their abscence!
if you have never seen this quasi documentary of mid sixties london teenagers, where the hell have you been. if you have seen it before, buy/rent this and watch it again. only then will you realise why it is such an important part of british film history!

"modism... an aphorism for clean living under difficult circumstances." (peter meaden. the whos first manager)

MEANWHILE BACK IN 2006...


due to the propensity of serious shit going off down there in bandit country, i thought this rather fitting. take care on those mean streets mr barnze.

Bombs goin off in Sierra Leone
Taken more shots than Karl Malone
Battle looms, your doom, injustice entombed
Who got the diamonds? Who gonna find them?
Who gonna mine them when the time comes?
Diamonds and Guns, Diamonds and Guns

it's a wicked world that we live in it's cruel
and unforgiving
it's a wicked world that we live in it's cruel
and unforgiving

Knock, knock, knock, who's that? It's Momma, son
Lookin' for the bitch who took the money and run
Now the daylight's gone, and there's no more fun
And who's the fuckin' bitch who stole all the heroin?
Heroin, heroin, it's all gone
Smoked it all up, and now you got none
And now you look around and that's not the plan
This is not what you had in mind

I shot in heaven, now I cry
No one lives forever, in fact we all die
From those who bust shots to those who stuff cops
To those who serve rocks on all the hard blocks
Every last soul must pay the last toll
In the dice game of life, who gets the last roll?
Is it the one with the suit? The one with the sack?
The one who hides behind his fuckin' gun and his badge?
Negative outlook?
Well that's how I'm livin'
And like he said, it's a wicked world we live in

...It's a wicked world we live in

I'm wiggin out, flippin' out, hearts is what I'm rippin' out
I'm slippin' out, I'm dippin' out, killin's what I'm livin' out
Pick 'em, let me pick 'em out, spin and let me whip it out
Gat to your face with the fuckin' bullets stickin' out
Missin' out, diss and bout, blood's what you're pissin' out
84 I'm crazy Crazy Horse, shootin' up, I'm illin' out
Rippin' out, I'm trippin' out, different now, I'm pimpin' out
any color at my belt and ouch while they're clippin out
Criminal I'm hittin' out, in L.A. no gettin' out
2 - 1 - 3, pack your P, fly wicked style
Listen now, I'm sinnin' out, a 6-pack I'm sippin' out

lyrics-diamonds and guns-the transplants.


AND JUST TO CHEER US ALL UP,

HERE IS ROWAN ATKINSON AT HIS BEST!

cheers. the cappuccino kid.

4 comments:

* (asterisk) said...

Codrophenia is excellent! Enjoyed the review, too. It's a long while since I last saw the film. I will again one day, I'm sure.

katy said...

you confuse me are you changin your blog page to this one do you know how long it takes me to link! you know i am blonde!

me said...

*; you've got to BUY this new print. might be me, but its so much better!
h.e. no, the original page is stopping, but this is an extra thing for videos and stupid shit that would take up too much space. that and the fact i want everyone who visits t.t.o.s. to see that post first for a couple of days at least, let them have there say to support our mate.
but thanks for asking.

me said...

copper "oi you, you got a knife on you?"
barnze "no"
copper "here, have this one"